Construction sites are often seen as easy targets for theft and vandalism. As a construction site owner or manager, it is your responsibility to ensure the safety of your workers and the equipment on the site. To do this, you need to install a security system. But, the question arises, should you opt for solar CCTV or regular CCTV?
What is CCTV?
CCTV (closed-circuit television) is a video surveillance system that allows you to monitor the site 24/7. CCTV has been the go-to security solution for many construction sites, but with the emergence of solar-powered CCTV, site managers are left to wonder which one is the better option. In this blog, we will compare solar CCTV and regular CCTV and help you make an informed decision as to which type of security is best for your site.
Regular CCTV systems are the traditional video surveillance systems that are powered by electricity. They use a network of cameras and recording devices that transmit footage to a control centre. These systems are wired and can be installed anywhere on the site, making it easy to cover every corner of the construction site.
Advantages of Regular CCTV:
- Easy to install: Regular CCTV systems are easy to install and can be done by any trained engineer.
- High-quality footage: Regular CCTV cameras provide high-quality footage, making it easy to identify the culprits.
- Continuous power supply: With regular CCTV systems, you don’t have to worry about power outages as they are connected to the electrical grid.
Solar-powered CCTV systems use solar panels to generate electricity, making them a sustainable and eco-friendly option. They are wireless and can be installed anywhere on the site, making it easy to cover all corners.
Advantages of Solar CCTV:
- Eco-friendly: Solar-powered CCTV systems are eco-friendly as they do not require electricity from the grid.
- Cost-effective: Solar CCTV systems are cost-effective as they do not require extensive wiring and infrastructure.
- Easy to install: Solar CCTV systems are easy to install and can be done by any trained engineer.
Get in touch
As you can see, both electric CCTV systems and solar-powered CCTV systems have their advantages. Regular CCTV systems are ideal for areas with a reliable power supply, while solar-powered CCTV systems are ideal for areas where there is no access to electricity. Ultimately, the choice between the two depends on your site’s specific needs and your budget.
At SmartWatch Solutions, we provide both electric and solar-powered CCTV systems. Our team of experts can help you determine which security system is best for your construction site, and can assist you at the point of installation.
If you would like to discuss what CCTV system would be best for your site or would like to schedule a consultation, you can call us on 0344 576 0221 or email us at info@SmartWatchsolutions.co.uk. One of our friendly team will be happy to help.